In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third-parties.
- The rental bike you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant booking details to the rental bike provider you have booked with. This may include information such as your name, age, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date and place of birth, passport information, driving license information, payment information and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Other companies within the Rentalbike.com corporate family: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your rental, your details may be shared with other members of the Rentalbike.com corporate family. Your information may also be shared with our parent company, and the other members of the parent company and analyzed to provide you with travel-related offers that may be of interest to you and to offer you a customized service.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send the reservation information on our behalf to the provider of the rental bike you booked with us, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. The third-parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to distribute the rental bikes listed on our website and mobile apps. When you make a reservation on one of these business partners’ websites, certain personal information that you give them may be shared with us. Similarly, we may share information with this business partner, for example, in order to manage your reservation, so that they can address queries related to your reservation and for marketing purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.